Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Eyes at The Well of Tears


Eyes at the Well of Tears

      It is raining non stop outside now...after the longest winter. The streets have turned into lakes and my alley is icy and rutted.
      I leave the hospital about 6 and head south on Hwy 55. Of course I follow an ambulance as I move into traffic. Its light beeping and flashing.
     My windshield fills up with rain... and I would call it tears.... Not unlike the tears I shed as I held you closely this afternoon. Disbelief...wonderment and questions filling my body.
You said you might need another Blood Transfusion. That would be your 9th.

    Wonderment, grief and questions fill me. I hold onto you. My eyes at the Well of Tears fill up and I hold you closer.

      Eyes at the Well of Tears remain.


No comments:

Post a Comment