Sunday, March 31, 2019

Handhewn hardwon Harmony for a Moment




4 Drawings arranged on Josh's Hospital Bed

Today I copied several William Morris designs
as I sat with Josh.
He was not talking much as he is watching
his fluid intake and talking dries his throat.

Earlier I had sat outside eating my lunch.
 I felt quite anxious about so many
things...money...Josh...money...

and then I looked up to see two beautiful cardinals
swooping in the trees...and farther up...
much farther up two eagles...circling and swooping
in the high heavens.

Somehow the beauty of the nearby whimsical
cardinals and the majestic eagles with
their great soaring vision carried me...

The birds in the William Morris designs
gave me wing as well...

There is something so comforting about drawing
symmetry.....and balance...
somehow through drawing these pieces
I felt more balanced and symetrical too
despite ongoing concerns about Josh.

Art overcomes in mysterious ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment